DallasFood.org Forums: Foietella - DallasFood.org Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Foietella

#1 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

The DallasFood.org IT department overnighted me a jar of "Foietella" from Portland chocolatier David Briggs (former sous chef at Park Kitchen).

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I suspected I wouldn't like this. No, that's too weak. I expected I wouldn't like it. Yet two days after the jar arrived, it's gone, and not because I threw it out or shared. Subtle and inspired. I'll be restocking next time I'm in Portland (unless Xocolatl's web store comes online first).

Scott

#2 User is offline   sanderw 

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:50 AM

the things people stick in chocolate...

#3 User is offline   JMLima 

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:04 AM

Scott - Have you tried any of his confections yet? Portland certainly seems to be the place for cutting edge chocolates these days. Provided this is the case, why Portland?

#4 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:06 AM

JMLima said:

Scott - Have you tried any of his confections yet? Portland certainly seems to be the place for cutting edge chocolates these days. Provided this is the case, why Portland?

I've tried at least some of them every time I've been in Portland (since he started to make a splash years ago with his bacon caramels). I'm not sure why Portland is such a great chocolate town. Could just be an extension of the generally food-geeky culture there, which results in a multitude of farmers markets, cheese shops, artisanal bakers, charcuteries, etc.

Scott

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic