DallasFood.org Forums: Guy Fieri - right now! - DallasFood.org Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guy Fieri - right now!

#1 User is offline   DonnieC 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

Today, Jan 7, Guy Fieri will be at the Twisted Root Buger in Deep Ellum on Commerce. I was there for lunch and they were shooting background. Guy is supposed to show up around 2:30-3:00. His red camaro is sitting at the curb, as we speak. I asked the camera guy where Guy was and he said Avilas. Go figure.

#2 User is offline   Ralphy 

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

This makes no sense. TRB is not up to the standards that DDD showcases - handmade, local, fresh, and very good ingredients.

The food at TRB is mediocre at best. The french fries suck !

It will be interesting to see how Guy spins the cooking at TRB to make it believeable as a unique place deserving a spot on DDD.

#3 User is offline   carter 

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:06 AM

I do agree that the curly fries are terrible. They should not have quit offering regular, hand-cut fries. But I'm not sure I understand the rest of your post. Almost everyting at TRBC is handmade: watermelon iced tea, sweet potato chips, chipotle ketchup sauce , horseradish mustard sauce, bbq sauce, Quincy's "hot" pickes, root beer, etc...

#4 User is offline   irodguy 

• LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

There was a sign on the Campbell Twisted root that they will be closed Monday for taping.
Never trust a skinny chef

#5 User is offline   DonnieC 

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:49 AM

Gosh!! Maybe it's a Throwdown with Bobby everlovin Flay.
I emailed TRB and asked if they knew when the DDD show was going to air but they did not respond.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic