DallasFood.org Forums: Free Patric Chocolate - DallasFood.org Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Free Patric Chocolate

#1 User is offline   JMLima 

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

Alan McClure is giving away up to $100 of free chocolate to every 10th order until midnight tonight. Details are at the beginning of an interview located at foodinterviews.com.

#2 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:57 PM

I was just coming here to post about that. In addition, until midnight tonight, all orders are 10% off and, for any order over $50, you get two additional bars free (an additional value of $11.50). So if you buy 10 bars, you get an effective price a little over 25% lower than usual retail. (I don't know if the 10% discount is on top of the 10% discount listed on the site for purchasing one of the 10 bar "selections." If so, that's even bigger savings.) If you're wanting to try the best Madagascar chocolate being made today, now's the time.

Scott

#3 User is offline   gavlist 

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:39 PM

I just put in an order and:

1) they did give me the 10% off for a 10-bar collection (which is already discounted)

2) they did not say anything about 2 free bars, although my order was over $50. I'll have to contact them about this.

3) it claims that my order # was 579. If someone acts quickly, they can be #580 and get the full discount!

#4 User is offline   joiei 

• LocationMidtown - Creek Nation - Indian Territory

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:27 PM

I ordered yesterday morning and the order shipped the same day. It should be here tomorrow. I ordered the mixed bar assortment.
A mole is also not about the protein served in it or with it. It is all about the beauty of the sauce. Iliana de la Vega

#5 User is offline   luniz 

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

looks like a bunch of chicks won :( at least i have some easy xmas presents. i hope they really do send the 2 freebies.

#6 User is offline   gavlist 

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:29 PM

I asked "customer service" about the two extra, and got a reply from the chocolate maker himself - he said that the ordering system isn't set up to handle the extra bars, but that he will put them in when they ship.

#7 User is offline   joiei 

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

they are a very small operation. Alan probably is the bar maker and the service department and a lot of other job descriptions. he is a real nice guy. Has he ever been down to Dallas to meet all you guys? If not then you need to invite him. His presentations are very informative. Plus you get to taste some samples. That would be worth a trip down for me.
A mole is also not about the protein served in it or with it. It is all about the beauty of the sauce. Iliana de la Vega

#8 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:47 PM

gavlist said:

I asked "customer service" about the two extra...

I got my 20+2 bars (all 70%) yesterday. It's been a couple of months since I depleted my most recent Patric stash. Coming back to McClure's chocolate after a break like that reminds me--about halfway through the first 5 gram square--why I ran out of his bars faster than those of so many other well-regarded makers.

Scott

#9 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

Patric has released some new products, including a 75% bar, hot chocolate (a mix of his single origin chocolate and house pressed cocoa powder), roasted nibs, and gift collections (in metal boxes!). (The 75% is available as a discounted 10 bar "selection of the month.")

Scott

#10 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:50 PM

Patric has extended free shipping for orders over $50. Through midnight of 12/5, orders over $50 will also get an extra bar thrown in.

Scott

#11 User is offline   luniz 

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:40 PM

Scott--DFW said:

Patric has extended free shipping for orders over $50. Through midnight of 12/5, orders over $50 will also get an extra bar thrown in.

Scott

tried any of the new stuff yet?

#12 User is offline   joiei 

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:56 PM

luniz said:

Scott--DFW said:

Scott

tried any of the new stuff yet?
Hopefully my box will be at the house when I get home tonight.

#13 User is offline   JMLima 

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

I've really enjoyed the 75% so far and it may be my favorite of the three percentages that Patric Chocolate is making. I suppose it comes down to personal preference and 70-80% chocolates tend to be my favorites. That said, I have also discovered a new attraction to their 67%. Anyone who is a chocolate fan should give the 75% a try especially if they enjoyed the 70%.

I also received a pouch of the Hot Chocolate Disks. These are molded disks consisting of 100% chocolate and a bit of cocoa powder (Patric's own) meant to be dissolved in hot milk, adding sugar to taste. They recommend 3-4 disks for an eight ounce portion so I threw in five plus a tablespoon and a half of demerara sugar and really enjoyed it. Now I've got to get my hands on some decent marshmallows.

#14 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:36 PM

There's still free shipping for orders over $50.

Also, McClure has teamed up with Christopher Elbow to release a limited edition Valentine's Day box with nothing but enrobed Patric ganache pieces. Buy a box for the one you love (and 10 bars for yourself, to qualify for free shipping).

Scott

#15 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:44 PM

Per Kim Pierce at the Belo Eats Blog, Chocolate Secrets is now carrying Patric bars. No indication as to whether they're marking it up from the usual retail price.

Scott

#16 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

Patric is still offering free shipping (including warm weather packaging, if necessary) on orders over $40.

Scott

#17 User is offline   luniz 

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:08 PM

Scott--DFW said:

Patric is still offering free shipping (including warm weather packaging, if necessary) on orders over $40.

Scott

basically $56 + tax for 13 bars atm iirc...

#18 User is offline   luniz 

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

luniz said:

Scott--DFW said:

Scott

basically $56 + tax for 13 bars atm iirc...

doh 11 not 13.

#19 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:39 PM

Patric's new bars became available for online order today on the revamped web site. In addition to new packaging (including airtight inner wrapping) and bar molds, there's a dark (60%) milk chocolate bar, a blended bar (70%), a "PB&J" bar (Madagascar contributing the J-notes; percentage unspecified, as of now), and a renamed nib bar (presumably still 70%, exclusive of nibs, and Madagascar).

Sadly, the 70% Madagascar appears to have been dropped. Though the 75% and 67% remain, for me the 70% represented the Goldilocks percentage with those beans. Fortunately, I still have a bar or two (or more) in storage. Kicking myself for eating one this morning, before I got the newsletter announcing the new lineup.

Scott

PS I'll be putting in an order, of course. If anyone wants to meet up for some nibbles, we can coordinate after the package arrives.

#20 User is offline   sanderw 

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

View PostScott, on 16 November 2010 - 03:39 PM, said:

Patric's new bars became available for online order today on the revamped web site. In addition to new packaging (including airtight inner wrapping) and bar molds, there's a dark (60%) milk chocolate bar, a blended bar (70%), a "PB&J" bar (Madagascar contributing the J-notes; percentage unspecified, as of now), and a renamed nib bar (presumably still 70%, exclusive of nibs, and Madagascar).

Sadly, the 70% Madagascar appears to have been dropped. Though the 75% and 67% remain, for me the 70% represented the Goldilocks percentage with those beans. Fortunately, I still have a bar or two (or more) in storage. Kicking myself for eating one this morning, before I got the newsletter announcing the new lineup.

Scott

PS I'll be putting in an order, of course. If anyone wants to meet up for some nibbles, we can coordinate after the package arrives.

My package arrived last week, so definitely willing to co-host the tasting.

Attached File(s)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic