DallasFood.org Forums: DallasFood Barbacoa Crawl, June 11th - DallasFood.org Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DallasFood Barbacoa Crawl, June 11th

#1 User is offline   theabroma 

• LocationDallas, Tx

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:26 PM

I stand in awe of Scott's devotion, discipline, and digestive prowess. The Mexican on Maple series is spectacular. I finally got a chance to take Scott's suggestion and trave out to South Dallas to the Barbacoa Estilo Hidalgo central ovens over the weekend, and thought I'd died and gone to heaven. There is, apparently, another place at 175 and St. Augustine that also does barbacoa de borrego on the weekends.

I would like to propose a barbacoa crawl. I will be going back to see Mr. Sanchez at Hidalgo this coming weekend, camera at the ready. And if I am still ambulatory, I'll try to find the other one.

Anyone care to come?

Theabroma

#2 User is offline   Kirk 

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:06 PM

Not sure how my schedule will be over the next few weekends, but please keep me in the loop on the plan.

#3 User is offline   joiei 

• LocationMidtown - Creek Nation - Indian Territory

Posted 13 May 2005 - 05:42 PM

I will be in touch, not may but maybe a quickie weekend in June. or during the texas restaurant show? maybe?

#4 User is offline   theabroma 

• LocationDallas, Tx

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:31 PM

Ok, joiei ... when is that restaurant show? Maybe we should go en masse, snack, graze, etc. and then run over to Sanchez' for barbacoa.

Mr. Sanchez called me yesterday am wanting to talk with me about doing some kitchen training in the Maple/Wycliff location. I'm meeting him Friday 5/20 at 11:30 am to see what he need and what I can do for him. I will remind him that we want to come to Lake June Place as a group and observe the prepparing and roasting of the borrego.

So ... let's start throwing out some dates if we could. I'm out of action on the 3-5th but after that I'm good. What about you guys? Scott? Kirk? Anybody else?

Theabroma

#5 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:37 PM

It looks like we're on for this coming Saturday, June 11th. We'll be meeting at 11:30 AM at Barbacoa Estilo Hidalgo, located at 6131 Lake June Place, Dallas, Texas 75217. (Note that this is not the Maple location.) From there, time and appetites permitting, we'll proceed to one or two or three other places that also specialize in mutton barbecue.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at ...................

Scott

#6 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:01 AM

Steve Sando (aka Rancho Gordo) posts some outstanding photos of old school barbacoa in Hidalgo.
Posted Image

Scott

#7 User is offline   Kirk 

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

Where's the brisket? :unsure:

Has anyone made a recent trip to Barbacˇa Estilo Hidalgo? I may have to head out there over the holiday, if they are still around.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic