• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Restaurant Closures

#81 User is offline   irodguy 

• LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:51 PM

Well it turns out my friend was wrong Masami is still very much open and busy. I don't know why their listing in Guidelive is obviously wrong. My uncle went there on Saturday night and had a great dinner. I was unable to make it since I was in the middle of a dinner party, Osso Buco waits for no man hmm on second thought guess I should have gone for sushi Osso Buco is always the longer it cooks after all :(
Never trust a skinny chef

#82 User is offline   RajunCajun 

• LocationFrisco

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:42 PM

Based on an email I just got from Loft 610, it appears that Martini Park has closed as of this morning. I called MP to verify, but there was no answer.

Paul

#83 User is offline   sanderw 

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:28 PM

Please forgive my cross-posting from Pegasus:

I was wondering how they were able to stay open! The law in Plano is very clear about selling alcohol. The liquor sales need to be less than 50% of their revenue. I'm really pissed off because I thought about opening a bar in Plano but ultimately couldn't figure out a way to do it legally. Then Martini Park opens up OBVIOUSLY breaking the law. It's shameful that Plano and the TABC let it stay open for so long.

I think part of why it was open for so long is that the jurisdiction for enforcement of the laws is murky. The TABC and the Comptroller and the City of Plano all think someone other than them is responsible for enforcing the 50% law.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm all for having liquor sales in Plano. The laws should be changed, but you've got to play fairly until they do.

#84 User is offline   theabroma 

• LocationDallas, Tx

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:47 PM

FatCap said:

Bill Addison reports that Robert Colombo's "The Club" in the Centrum is closed...I never tried it, but where will Amador Mora (ex Mansion, Trčce) go? Local chef (eventually, as Colombo opened with an "imported" chef), local proprietor, same luxurious but crappy location as other failed ventures.

On the heels of Brothers' Chicken closing (and my gut tells me several more "well known" establishments shall not see 2009), what count "wave" of 2008 closings are we now about to experience?

Sigh.

Cher, next time we meet , engage me in badinage about my days at
The Mansion when Amador was exec. sous & I was a galley slave in private dining - esp. the Sauce Bagasse episode.

Trece was an outgrowth of the parallel universe in which the denizens of San Miguel de Allende live ...

Cheers,

Thea

#85 User is offline   Worzel_Gummidge 

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:08 PM

No date, but an e-mail came around today.

#86 User is offline   Kirk 

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:22 PM

Olea Bistro were closed before last Friday, when the manager at Sur La Table mentioned it to me.

#87 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:15 PM

Tio's Tortas is closed.

I was fairly contemptuous towards them when they first opened, for the same reasons a jazz purist scorns "smooth jazz." Over time, I softened up a little and saw some value in what they were doing, if only as a gateway between gringos and a food that is, whether they know it or not, locally common. I'm a little sorry to see them go.

Fortunately, my favorite torterias aren't dependent on the vagaries of white Dallas tastes.

Scott

#88 User is offline   JMLima 

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

Scott--DFW said:

Tio's Tortas is closed.

I was fairly contemptuous towards them when they first opened, for the same reasons a jazz purist scorns "smooth jazz." Over time, I softened up a little and saw some value in what they were doing, if only as a gateway between gringos and a food that is, whether they know it or not, locally common. I'm a little sorry to see them go.

Fortunately, my favorite torterias aren't dependent on the vagaries of white Dallas tastes.

Scott

Cripes. I'm sorry to hear it for a few reasons. One, they are within walking distance of my place, not that I walked. Two, I was a sucker for their condiment bar.

#89 User is offline   sanderw 

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:01 AM

Kirk said:

Olea Bistro were closed before last Friday, when the manager at Sur La Table mentioned it to me.

It had a lot of promise, but every time I tried it I was disappointed. Rude, inconsistent service; varying quality of the small plates; and a dismal Valentine's Day meal finally kept me from going back.

#90 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

Per TG, Strong's Everyday Tavern's days will end on December 30. Nick & Sam's will be going into the location with a "grill" concept.

Scott

#91 User is offline   RajunCajun 

• LocationFrisco

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:19 AM

From the GuideLive blog, The Abbey Grill in Frisco has closed.

Paul

#92 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:12 PM

Go to Pegasus News to read TG's Recap of 2009. Rough year.

Scott

#93 User is offline   PaulH 

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:42 PM

Naan at Watters Creek in Allen closed after less than 6 months.

#94 User is offline   Worzel_Gummidge 

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

Scott--DFW said:

Go to Pegasus News to read TG's Recap of 2009. Rough year.

Scott

As Ludwig O'Beethoven said "Y'ain't seen nuffin' yet".

And he was a director of the DISD!

#95 User is offline   Kirk 

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:31 AM

Are you referring to Tripp Easton Mitchell Palin-Johnston O'Beethoven?

#96 User is offline   FatCap 

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:20 PM

PaulH said:

Naan at Watters Creek in Allen closed after less than 6 months.

That is too bad. I sure didn't like the look of the place (inside), but I admired the fact that they *tried* to put forth a respectable service of food and drink, especially with their treatment of the well-chosen saké list. The proprietor and managers were always nice to me.

#97 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:46 PM

Not a closure, but SideDish and the Belo Eats Blog are saying that Rosewood has confirmed that John Tesar has left The Mansion.

Scott

#98 User is offline   bsnelson 

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:25 PM

N9NE Steakhouse in Victory is done.

http://www.guidelive.../sharedcontent/ ... 5eba5.html

Brad

#99 User is offline   Worzel_Gummidge 

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:00 PM

Apparently. Shuttered and lights out Friday at 7:30pm. A paper note on the door says it's "only for a few days.."

#100 User is offline   Scott 

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

According to SideDish, Casa Blanca has closed--possible evidence that the law of diminishing returns does, in fact, apply to the construction of Mia's clones along Lemmon Avenue.

Scott

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic