DallasFood.org Forums: Texas Foodways - DallasFood.org Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Texas Foodways Honoring the Lancartes

#1 User is offline   joiei 

• LocationMidtown - Creek Nation - Indian Territory

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

I am thinking about going to this event. I still fondly remember my first meal with Lanny when he was cooking out of Joe T's. Anybody have any input. This is from the Texas Foodways web site.

Join Foodways Texas and the Lancarte Family, descendants of the legendary Joe T. Garcia, in celebrating Mexican cuisine from the 1930s till today. Enjoy a four-station feast featuring dishes from the Lancarte family of restaurants — Joe T Garcia’s, Lanny’s Alta Cocina Mexicana, and Esperanza’s. Chef Lanny P. Lancarte II, the great-grandson of Joe T. Garcia, will also be recreating some dishes from Joe T. Garcia’s original barbecue from 1935 (Joe T. Garcia’s was known as Joe’s Barbecue in 1935).

Join us in honoring the Lancarte Family for their contribution to Texas restaurant heritage while learning about the Foodways Texas Iconic Texas Restaurant Oral History Project.* Come support the Foodways Texas mission to preserve, promote and celebrate the diverse food cultures of Texas.

A mole is also not about the protein served in it or with it. It is all about the beauty of the sauce. Iliana de la Vega

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic